Paul the Apostle said in 1 Corinthians 13:13 that the three most important things to have are faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of them is love.
So acting in faith, and motivated by love for our church and our community, Calvary Vista is following the guidance of public health officials and virologists to suspend “In-Person” church gatherings for the time being. Our hope is that these measures will minimize the spread of the virus to our most “at-risk” brothers and sisters. Until the outbreak recedes, we will be doing church a little differently. We will be having church online.
It was awesome to connect with many of you online yesterday, whether you watched our Livestream locally, or around the world. We were really encouraged by the number of people able to experience a bit of church community even in the midst of the mandated social separation.
As we begin a new week by gearing up for even more “social distancing” and in some cases “self-isolation,” we want to update you on steps that we are taking to keep the church actively engaged.
- Pray. Pray for breakthroughs with treatments and a vaccine. Pray that virus transmission is slowed and stopped. Pray that God uses His church to shine as beacons of light in a lost and dying world!
Let’s pray Psalm 91 over our nation, our state, and our city:
“Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
He is my God, and I trust Him.
3 For He will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.”
- The elderly population and those with underlying medical issues are at a much higher risk with the coronavirus. We are presently assembling a team here at the church to reach out to every person over 60 to offer our help and support; grocery and pharmacy runs, etc.
- If you are young and healthy and would like to be a part of the team to help assist in these efforts please call the church office at 760-726-4224 and we will put you to work.
- Church, I encourage you to personally reach out to your older neighbors as well. Reach out and let them know that you are available to help. This is our time to SHINE and to be the church in our community.
- Our pastors are also putting out daily devotion videos that will be posted to our website, Instagram and Facebook to help you stay connected.
- Please stay connected to each other during this time by sharing these devos with each other by phone call, text, gathering for coffee, but remember to practice social distancing in order to stay healthy and safe.
- Lastly, if you are in a Calvary Vista Home Group, please check with your group leader to see if the group is going to meet. We have left that decision up to each leader, but have encouraged them to practice the social distancing guidelines that have been given by the CDC.